- Leftovers. My oldest could live off of cold leftovers, especially pizza and lasagna. While it weirds me out just a tad, he is a-okay with it, and since it is frugal..I guess I am, too.
- PB & J on HM WW Bread.
- Homemade Lunchables. You do know that they are waaayyy cheaper to just buy your own crackers, cheese, and lunchmeat, right?? We don’t do this very often because my piglets could eat their weight in them. No matter what else I serve with them.
- Tortilla Wrap Sandwiches. Something about serving a regular sandwich on tortilla bread, as my kids call it, just makes it extra special. For even more fun, slice them into disks, then pack them. The fillings of these are endless! My mom used to make one with Roast Beef, lettuce, and a pickle/cream cheese mixture. Yummo!
- Soups in a thermos
- Lunch Meat/Tuna sandwiches loaded with veggies. Tuna can be fairly frugal as long as you don’t go overboard with your servings. In additon to your meat, load it up with veggies your kids love, not only to pack in nutrition, but to bulk it u. You can use less meat this way.
- Corn Dog Muffins
- Cheeseburger Muffins.
- HM Granola bars.
- HM Granola and yogurt.
- Oatmeal Raisin cookies
- HM Trail/Snack Mix
- Applesauce (home canned is the best!)
- Of course fresh fruit.
- Smoothies. My husband packs these all the time. I make up a blender full (throwing in some wheat germ and ground flax) and freeze them in small containers. He packs them in his lunch box. When lunch comes, they have thawed a bit, and are perfect!
Don’t forget to tuck a note in and let your little one know you love them!
What are your favorite things to pack?
°Feel free to link up to your post, not your homepage. And don’t forget to link back here, so your readers can see all the other ideas!
Other posts of interest: