Everything went pretty well last week. Other than the demise of Mrs. Range! But, all is well, we’re making do for now until we can catch a deal, or find one I want. The one I want is *ahem* pricey, and the Mrs. Range fund, since it was just started, is no where near where it needs to be! So, I’m weighing priorities currently.
On a whim, the kids and I decided to conjur up a Fall/Halloween inspired meal Friday evening. It was a blast, but it kind of set my budget askew. They really enjoyed themselves, AND I still mangaged to come in under budget when I finished the shopping this morning!!! Yippee!! I was really concerned about it, but I managed to only spend $53!!! The only thing I didn’t get was ketchup. Amazingly enough Aldi was out of ketchup. But, that won’t be a budget breaker!
Here is the menu for this week:
- French Toast
- WW Biscuits and Gravy
- Bacon/Egg/Cheese Biscuits
- Spaghetti. Green Beans. Garlic Bread
- Salmon Patties. Carrots. Rice (it’s a maybe on the rice..)
- Creamed Chicken/Veggies on Biscuits. Dessert.
- Tuna Casserole. Peas. (generally I throw this together w/packaged Mac N Cheese…this week since I was tight on budget and had some pasta laying around…I will concoct it!)
- Frozen Soup.
- Taco Dish.
- Saturday Eve we have a Chilli Supper.
For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie.