Last week went pretty well overall. I did not make the Sweet and Sour Chicken because I forgot to buy the pineapple…and didn’t realize it until I went to make it! Gah! Thankfully I had some frozen soup in the freezer and I made a batch of HM Crescent Rolls for the first time. They were awesome! I did half crescent rolls, and the other half Cinnamon Crescent Rolls. Yummy!
I ended up with a final tally of $17.36 for all dinner meals last week and a total of 42 servings (between all meals). So we averaged .41/serving. This is including the Chicken Noodle Soup from the freezer (which was free), and the approx. .75 for the crescent rolls. We obviously ended up with a lot of leftovers, thank goodness for leftover night! That, and DH takes some for lunches.
Off to the menu:
- WW Biscuits w/Sausage Gravy
- Baked Oatmeal
- Bagels/Cr. Cheese
- Granny’s Cherokee Casserole. GB. HM Bread. *this is a new one* (8 servings @ $0.44= $3.50)
- Deer. Brocolli. Rice w/Gravy. (5 servings @ $0.20= $1 Woot!)
- Sweet and Sour Chicken. Fried Rice. Egg Rolls (homemade from the freezer). (8 servings @ .31=$2.50)
- Sausage/Chicken Gumbo. HM Bread. *this is new, too. This is the basic recipe…but in true recipe rebel fashion…I’m changing it!* (10 servings @ .20=$2.00)
- Brocolli/Ham/Rice Casserole. Dessert. (8 servings @ $0.50=$4)
- Chicken Pot Pie.
- Gone (again.) to our hometown. Hopefully someone feeds us!
For more menu ideas…give Menu Plan Monday a visit!