It’s another week, so another menu. This week is going to shape into a rather busy week for us.
Today we went to an heirloom seed company and bought basically all of our seeds for our garden this year. I’m ever so excited. I can’t wait to have “edible landscaping” as well as fresh veggies. Also, early this week I think we are going to get a greenhouse. We found a great deal on a used one, so I hope everything comes through as we planned. Kaitlyn’s birthday is also this week, basketball practice, school parties, doctor visits AND Valentine’s Day. Wow, we really are going to be busy.
With that said, I hope that our menu goes as planned and we can stay on track and not be tempted to eat out. These busy weeks can sometimes get me all wonky and wanting to do things the easy way.
Without further adieu:
- Sunday: Free For All After driving/shopping to get seeds, I had no desire to cook! Plus, Willie had a meeting, so it was just me and the kiddos.
- Monday: Lentil Brown Rice Casserole. (I’m going to play with this a little, thanks to a tip from Trina on Twitter. This time I think that I am going to add a little shredded carrot to the mix). ($1.25)(8 servings=.16/serving)
- Tuesday: Black Eyed Pea Soup ($2??) (recipe to come later) HM Cornbread. (.50)($2.50)(8 servings=.31/serving)
- Wednesday: HM Macaroni and Cheese w/Ham. ($3.50–got a good price on ham!)(Kait’s Fave) Peas. (.50) Birthday Cake. (I haven’t decided exactly what kind of cake I am making, so I don’t know the cost. Plus, it comes out of the “Birthday” Category, not grocery) ($4)(8 servings=.50/serving)
- Thursday: Chicken Caccitore. I’ve never made this dish, and I’m really looking forward to it! HM French Bread (.40)($4.50-ish)(8 servings=.56/serving)
- Friday: Crockpot Chicken. ($3.50) Mashed Potatoes/Gravy. (.50) GB. (Free)($4)(6 Servings=.67/ea)
- Saturday: Baked Fish. ($3.99) Rice. (.25) Steamed Veggies. ($1) (For me and Willie) Leftovers. (For the monkeys) ($5.24 for a nice Valentine meal in)
Total Cost: $21.49 34 servings. Average Price of .63 cents/serving.
I’ve been running high for the last few weeks..really not fully sure why. This week we have a lot going on so it fully makes sense. It could always be worse!
To see what everyone else is eating this week, go to Organizing Junkie.