I absolutely cannot believe that this is the last week of January. I didn’t even realize it until I just now typed the dates in for my post. Is it just me, or is time flying like never before?
Anyway, last week’s menu went off without a hitch. I love it when that happens!
This week is turning out to be busier than expected, so I’m hoping that it all still goes well.
- Sunday: Hamburgers. ($3.00. 2 lbs meat @ $1.30/lb, buns from bread store .67) French Fries. (A friend bought these for a recent fish fry and were extra. Free.) Applesauce. (.85)($3.85)(5 servings=.77/ea)
- Monday: Shepard’s Pie. ($2.80) Depression Cake. (.35)($3.15)(8 servings=.39/serving)
- Tuesday: Pasta Carbonara. ($2) Peas. (.50)($2.50)(6 servings=.42/serving)
- Wednesday: Gumbo. (I base mine on this, but I omit the chicken. $3.00) WW Biscuits (.40)($3.40)(10 servings=.34/serving)
- Thursday: Creamed Chicken and Biscuits. ($2.35)(5 servings=.47/serving)
- Friday: Lasagna Soup. (Basic Idea with my own changes. $3.85) HM French Bread. (.40)($4.25)(8 servings=.53/serving)
- Saturday: Leftovers (Really loving having this day off of cooking!)
Total Cost=$19.50. Total Servings=42. Average Price Per Serving=.46 cents
For more menu and recipes go on over to Organizing Junkie.