After the eventful week we had last week, I can’t wait for this week. It’s quiet, with just a few things planned.
A few meals didn’t go as planned last week, but for as busy as we were–we did GREAT! We didn’t eat out once! I came down with a horrible headache that lasted many days and a wonky stomach bug on Wednesday. I didn’t make the cabbage rolls, or the pumpkin pie from scratch, so those will be repeats this week.
I’m also still having a hard time with breakfasts. I’m hoping to start going to bed a little earlier, in hopes that I will have an easier time waking in the morning. That is my biggest hurdle with making hot breakfasts in the morning.
I did a light shopping trip at the end of last week, and I managed to score a bushel of apples for $10! I will be using most of them to make and can some applesauce, but I plan to incorporate some into our breakfasts and snacks.
- Breakfast: Big breakfast at church.
- Dinner: Chicken Salad for the adults, and leftovers for the children.(.75)
- Breakfast: Eggs and Sausage.
- Dinner: Chicken Spaghetti. ($2) Green Beans. (free from garden) French Bread. (.40)($2.40)(5 servings=.48/ea)
- Breakfast: Steel Cut Oats with apples.
- Dinner: Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu. (~$6) Steamed Veggies.($1) Brown Rice. (.25)($7.25)(5 servings=$1.45/ea)
- Breakfast: Oatmeal
- Dinner: Tuna Melts.($1.50) Salad.(.50)($2)(5 servings=.40/ea)
Friday: Pizza/Movie Night
- Breakfast: Smoothies.
- Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Pizza. Pepperoni Pizza.($7)(8 servings=.88/ea)
- Breakfast: Biscuits and Gravy.
- Dinner: Pork Stir Fry w/Angel Hair Pasta. ($1.50–I found a great deal on pork!) Steamed Veggies. (.50)($2)(5 servings=.40/ea)
Total Cost of Dinners: $23.90 Average Price per serving=.58/ea
Check out Menu Plan Monday for many more menu plans and recipes!