I really can’t wait for my days and weekends to slow down a bit. We are rarely home on the weekends due to soccer games, Bible Study every other Saturday night, church Sunday morning, and our Dynamic Marriage class early in the evening on Sundays. Because of this, I feel as if I am constantly playing catch up.
I used to always do my baking for the week on Sundays after church, but I just haven’t had the time. Last week I decided that I had to have a baking day this week, no questions asked. I’m still hoping that I am able to get to it on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. My goal is to get bread and some snacks made up. I’ve volunteered to bring snacks for numerous different events a lot in the next few weeks, so I am hoping to get a lot of it done early this week and just freeze them.
- Breakfast: Muffins
- Dinner: Very late lunch, snacked for dinner.
- Breakfast: Eggs and Sausage.
- Dinner: Pork Stir Fry w/Angel Hair Pasta. ($1.50–I found a great deal on pork!) Steamed Veggies. (.50)($2)(5 servings=.40/ea) (we didn’t get to this last week.)
- Breakfast: Steel Cut Oats with apples.
- Dinner: Red Beans/Rice.($1.50) Salad (.50)($2)(8 servings=.25/ea)
- Breakfast: Egg Sandwich
- Dinner: Burritos with homemade tortillas, lettuce and sour cream ($2.25) Spanish Rice. (.25) Refried Beans. (.50)($3)(8 servings=.38/ea)
- Breakfast: Oatmeal w/bananas
- Dinner: Tator Tot Casserole.(under $2) Green beans. (free from garden)($2)(5 servings=.40/ea)
Friday: Pizza/Movie Night
- Breakfast: Smoothies.
- Dinner: Veggie Lovers Pizza.(using onions and peppers from our garden–$2.50) Pepperoni Pizza. ($3)($5.50)(10 servings=.55/ea)
- Breakfast: Biscuits and Gravy.
- Dinner: Stroganoff.($2.50) Veggies. (.50) HM French Bread. (.50)($3.50)(5 servings=.70/ea)
- Black and White Cookies (I’ve never made these before)
- Pumpkin Bread
Total Cost of Dinners: $18 Average Price Per Serving: .44/ea
This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.