We survived our surprise mini-vacation this past weekend. My husband came home from work on Thursday evening and decided that we needed to do one last hoo-rah before the kids start school on Wednesday. Earlier in the summer, Nicholas said the only thing he wanted to do, was to see skyscrapers. So we headed to St. Louis! We took advantage of some free attractions (the zoo and the Science Center) and walked down by the arch. I booked our hotel across from the airport so that the kids would be able to watch the planes land and take off. It was a quick and packed trip, but we had a very good time. Now it is time to get back to normal, just in time for school to start.
I’m hoping that I can be better at breakfasts this year, versus last year. During school season, the children wake up at 6am and hurry to get ready before catching the bus at 6:50. There is hardly anytime for breakfast in there, but I really need to get better at this, instead of them eating breakfast at school–while it isn’t very much, it sure adds up.
- Oatmeal Pancakes
- Steel Cut Oats with Raisins
- Breakfast Pockets
- Sunday: Sandwiches on the road while driving home.
- Monday: Sloppy Joes. Baked Beans. Salad.
- Tuesday. Chicken Fettucinne. Steamed Broccoli. HM Breadsticks.
- Wednesday: Beef Burger Pockets. Carrots. Dessert: I’m stealing my SIL’s idea and giving the kids their own “1st Day of School Cakes”.
- Thursday: Enchiladas w/HM Jalapeno Cheddar Tortillas. HM Spanish Rice. HM Refried Beans.
- Friday: PIZZA NIGHT!
- Saturday: Leftovers.
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
- Banana Bread.
For more menu plan inspiration, head on over to Menu Plan Monday.