Last week went faster than I thought it was going to, especially considering I was completely winging my menu plan. Thankfully I also didn’t end up spending loads of money or succumbing to the temptation of eating out since there was actually no plan.
- Oatmeal. Egg White.
- Egg Substitute. Bacon. HM Whole Wheat Toast.
- Oatmeal Pancakes. Cherry Syrup. (I had some wild black cherry jelly that I made last year that didn’t set up fully for some reason. The kids LOVE it on their pancakes! Great way to use it up.)
- Sunday: Sweet and Sour Chicken. ($3.75) Fried Rice. (.50)($4.25)(5 servings=.85/ea)
- Monday: Tuna Cauliflower Bake. (I’m going to try this with the California blend veggies) ($2.75) Salad.(.50)($3.25)(6 servings=.54/ea)
- Tuesday: Cabbage Rolls. ($2) Mixed Veggies. ($1) HM Whole Wheat Bread.
- Wednesday: Baked Haddok and Spinach (I found this recipe last week while searching for something to eat–but we decided on something else instead. Can’t wait to try it, though!) ($4.75-ish) Salad. (.50)($5.25)(5 servings=$1.05/ea)
- Thurdsday: Grilled Fish Chef Salad. ($4-$5)(5 servings=.80-$1/ea)
- Friday: Taco/Mexican Pizza on homemade crust. ($3-ish for 1 pizza..will probably make 2)($6)(8 servings=.75/ea)
- Saturday: Picnic at the Park with Church.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Granola Bars
Total Cost: $25.75 Average price per serving= .74/ea Higher than normal, but we are also having fish 3 times this week!
Looking for more menu inspiration? Be sure to check out Menu Planning Monday.