I hope that everyone had a great Mother’s Day! I know I did. Unfortunately we were unable to visit with my mother–but we will probably this weekend. We went to a state park not too far from here and fed the ducks/geese and just spent time together–which is really all I asked for for Mother’s Day.
We hit a major hitch with our planned meal for Friday. I no more than than placed the beans in the crockpot to make refried beans, and the seasoned hamburger meat into the little crockpot to mesh the flavors when a storm rolled through, knocking out our electricity. Little did we know at the time the full extent of said storm–but we ended up without power for almost exactly 24 hours! Thankfully we were completely unharmed and lost nothing more than an outside swing and roughly 4 big trees. There were confirmed tornadoes all around us that destroyed multiple homes, so we are incredibly blessed.
Onto this week’s menu:
- Steel Cut Oats
- Maple Oat Nut Sconce
- Breakfast Burrito (egg white, sausage or bacon, cheese) Served with Salsa
- Sunday: Grilled Pork Steaks. ($4) Pasta Salad. ($2.40)($6.40) (8 servings=.80/ea) Ice Cream from DQ.
- Monday: Pulled Pork Burritos. ($2.75) HM Salsa. HM Guacamole.($3-ish) Salad with lettuce from the garden. (.25)($6)(8 servings=.75/serving)
- Tuesday: Black Bean Burgers (.75) on HM Hamburger Buns (.40) with lettuce. Home Canned Pickles. Fruit. ($1)($2.15)(5 servings=.43/ea)
- Wednesday: Sesame Chicken. ($2) Sizzling Rice Soup. ($1.75) Fried Rice.(.25)($4)(8 servings=.50/ea)
- Thursday: Ground Beef Gyros ($1.75) (trying HM Pitas (.75) ). Leftover Pasta Salad.($2.50) (8 servings=.31/ea)
- Friday: HM Pizzas on this crust. (roughly $6 for 8 servings)(.75/ea)
- Saturday: Free For All
Total Cost: $27.05 Average Price Per Serving: .60/ea
For more menu ideas, head on over to Menu Plan Monday.