Although my husband was very sick last week, our menu still went over pretty well. We didn’t have the Buffalo Chicken Pizza, but everything else went as planned. Thankfully, Willie is much better, and finally went back to work this morning after being off since April 3rd! He was more than ready to go back! Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers last week–we really appreciated them! Bloggy friends are the best, and I’m so thankful for all of you–and thankful to be back this week.
Also, many of you asked how the Black Bean Browines turned out. They were okay. I’m a cake-y brownie lover, and these were more fudgey. I also revamped my homemade brownie recipe (used some agave nectar and turbinado) and then substituted in the black beans. My kids loved them, while my husband said “there is too much experimenting in those!”. So, next time I will use a brownie mix, or maybe just not tweak my recipe so much!
- ½ Bagel. Smoothie.
- Oatmeal. Egg White. Pear.
- Cheerios w/bananas.
- Granola Bars
- Sunday: Free For All
- Monday: Asian Vegetable Soup. Vegetable Dumplings. (recipes later this week)
- Tuesday: Spaghetti. Green Beans. HM French Bread. Salad.
- Wednesday: Lentil Brown Rice Casserole. Salad. Biscuits.
- Thursday: Tuna Casserole. Peas.
- Friday: Buffalo Chicken Pizza. Salad.
- Saturday: Roast Beef Burritos w/lettuce and sour cream. HM Spanish Rice. HM Refried Beans.
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
- Carrots w/dip.
This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.