It’s officially the middle of the month of March. This month we have been busily getting ready for our garden…and boy has it been fun! How I long for fresh veggies from the garden. We need them now more than ever.
Over the next few weeks, our menu will be going through an overhaul. My husband had a cholesterol test, which yeilded not so great results. One of my goals for this year was to learn more about nutrition, apparently now is my chance. If you have any tips for lowering cholesterol/triglycerides, any recipes or websites to share, I beg you to please pass them my way.
I’ve been reading and researching since getting his results on Friday, but my menu was already planned and shopped for. I would like to think that they are relatively healthy, but what do I know? Right now, I am going to leave them as they were planned, but I will leave room to change as I see fit.
- Sunday: Shepard’s Pie without the mashed potatoes, extra veggies. ($2.80) Side Salad. (.50) ($3.20)(6 servings=.53/ea)
- Monday: Sweet and Sour Chicken. ($2.75) Fried Rice. (.25)($3)(8 servings=.28/serving)
- Tuesday: Corned Beef Brisket. Cabbage. Boiled Potatoes. Green Milkshakes for kidlets. ($4.50?)(5 servings=.90/ea)
- Wednesday: Chunky White Bean Tomato Soup. HM French Bread. ($2-ish)
- Thursday: Crockpot Rotisserie Style Chicken. ($1.65 for 5 of the 20 servings) Rice. (.25) Steamed Veggies. ($1)($2.90)(5 servings=.58/ea)
- Friday: We will be gone.
- Saturday: Chicken Pot Pie (using some of the leftover chicken). ($1.85) Salad. (.50)($2.35)(8 servings=.23/ea)
TOTAL COST: $17.95 AVERAGE PRICE PER SERVING=.45/ea
This week Menu Plan Monday is being hosted over at $5 Dinners, be sure to check out what everyone else is having this week.