We had a very tasty week last week! We had 2 new to us dishes, and my family loved them both. I think they need to go into our regular rotation, they were that good.
If you have never made Cavatini, put that at the top of your to make list, now! My family raved about this dish, it was so easy, made a ton, and was very filling. It made enough for me to have another casserole in my freezer–I’m hoping to save it a couple weeks, but I think we may gobble it up.
Also, I am convinced that lentils are the easiest thing in the world to cook with. I’m starting to be more adventurous with them, and I have yet to be disappointed. The Honey Baked Lentils were no exception, although I was a major skeptic while I was cooking it up. We loved it! To my surprise it was packed with flavor.
Lets see if we can have another tasty week, this week.
- Sunday: Free for All.
- Monday: Tuna Patties. ($1.45) Veggies. (.50) Green Salad. (.50)($2.45)(5 servings=.49/serving)
- Tuesday: Green Pepper Soup. ($2) Homemade Bread.(.40)($2.40)(8 servings=.30/serving)
- Wednesday: Dinner at church.
- Thursday: Ham and Beans. ($1) Homemade Cornbread. (.50) Applesauce ($1)($2.50)(8 servings=.31/serving)
- Friday: Chicken/Black Bean Quesadillas. ($4) Salad (.50)($4.50)(5 servings=.90/serving)
- Saturday: Leftovers.
TOTAL COST: $11.85 Average .46 cents/serving
To see what everyone else is eating this week, visit Organizing Junkie.