Let.It.Go. Blog Tour {And Giveaway!}

by GettingFreedom on November 19, 2012

We’ve all heard the phrase “God won’t give you more than you can handle.”  Many people have muttered that phrase to me over the last 2 years.

I’ll be honest with you–there are times when it’s brought comfort and times when I’ve just thought to myself that there was no way I was going to make it through another blow with my sanity in tact.

The last few years have tested me in more ways than I ever thought possible. A long awaited  home addition project gone tens of thousands dollars wrong, my easiest pregnancy abruptly ending with a premature birth, the death of Superwoman {my mother’s mother}, my mother’s cancer diagnosis and death 7 months later, foreclosure and probate–and everyday life in between.

Living through those moments I often wondered when my life would be normal again.  When my life would be my life instead of this life taken over by tragedy and hurt.  The life I wanted,  instead of this life that was handed to me.

Taking up residence in our garage was not in my plan.  Neither was spending 18 days in the city taking care of my newborn son from the confines of the NICU.

These burdens were emotionally draining.  And there was nothing I could do to change them.  No matter how hard I tried!

Those same burdens taught me that I had to Let It Go.  I had to give it all to God and take a back seat in the Control Wagon.

It wasn’t easy.  But I quickly learned that when I finally did let go and let God orchestrate His plan–things not only went smoother {well as smooth as can be!} but I finally had a peace that I’d never experienced before in my life.

A peace that passes all understanding.

So when people ask me how I’ve made through these times with a smile on my face–my answer is to simply say, I finally Let it Go.

The Giveaway

UPDATE:: The Giveaway has ended and the winners have been contacted. Check your email!

Would you like to learn  how to Let. It. Go.: How to Stop Running the Show and Start Walking in Faith?

About the Book:

Women are wired to control. We make sure the house is clean, the meals are prepared, the beds are made, the children are dressed, and everyone gets to where they’re going on time. But sometimes our strength of being conscientious can morph into the weakness of being a slight—or all out—control freak! This humorous, yet spiritually practical book will help you learn how to control what you should, trust God with what you can’t, and more importantly, decide which one is which! Join Karen Ehman, a recovering control freak, as she enables you to:


  • Draw the line between mothering and micromanaging
  • Influence your husband instead of manipulating him
  • Take control of your schedule yet welcome interruptions from God
  • Learn to control your emotions when you can’t control the circumstances
  • Stop pursuing the appearance of perfection and start pursuing the person of God

Here’s how to Enter!

All you have to do is comment on this post telling me how you are learning to let it go. For additional entries you can:

Not Feeling Lucky?

You can also purchase Let. It. Go.: How to Stop Running the Show and Start Walking in Faith through Amazon for $9.98 or on Kindle for $8.99.

 

I was provided with a free copy of Let It Go.  All life stories and opinions in this post are hard won and all my own–as always.

Related Posts with Thumbnails






{ 17 comments… read them below or add one }

Deb Donner November 19, 2012 at 9:11 am

We’re learning that trying to be in control is idolatry. That was a tough pill to swallow!

Reply

Pam November 19, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I already like your FB page. Thanks for the opportunity to win the book!

Reply

Pam November 19, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I am already subscribed. Thanks again.

Reply

Sheila Laurence November 19, 2012 at 3:20 pm

2011 was the most awful of my life – a move I HATED, husband diagnosed with cancer, about 3 weeks when it appeared I had cancer also (90% chance it was cancer and I got in the very lucky 10%), and depression so deep I thought they might have to commit me. Learning to let it go? It became painfully obvious that I was certainly not in control. I’m so sorry for all that you’ve been through. I continue to wonder about the ‘fairness’ of life, alhough I do know mine is not to question.

Reply

CJ November 19, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Already subscribed and loving it.

Reply

CJ November 19, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Liked at FB

Reply

CJ November 19, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I’m not learning to let go of control too well. That’s why I need this book so badly. Real control freak needing reform.

Reply

Susan K November 19, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I’m learning that trusting God gets easier when I’m closer to Him. It depends on my effort, my part in getting closer to Him!

Reply

Ashley November 19, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I struggle with giving God control over my circumstances. I wish I knew what he was trying to teach me and why things are the way they are. My husband and I have struggled financially even though we feel like we make wise financial decisions. He’s been laid off twice and we are currently both unemployed and trying to find jobs. I know God has provided for us in the past and has continued to but in my finite view of things it seems like everything is starting to fall apart and there is nothing I can do about it.

Reply

Ashley November 19, 2012 at 8:53 pm

I liked your facebook page!

Reply

Ashley November 19, 2012 at 8:53 pm

I started following you on Twitter!

Reply

Rachelle B November 20, 2012 at 8:26 am

Wish I could learn to let it all go!

Reply

Sharon November 20, 2012 at 9:36 am

Perfectoinism is definitely my most challenging (and sinful) characteristic.

Reply

Deb V November 20, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I am trying to learn to let go of controlling my soon to be adult kids gradually and trusting God will do what is best for them.

Reply

Angela November 20, 2012 at 3:57 pm

I would love to win this book! Thanks for the review :)

Reply

Melanie November 21, 2012 at 7:50 am

I already like Getting Freedom on Facebook.

Reply

Melanie November 21, 2012 at 7:51 am

I already get the email updates from Getting Freedom, thankfully.

Reply

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: