Halloween 7 Layer Dip
Typically we tend to not make that big of a deal out of Halloween. It’s just one of those holidays that’s odd to me. With that said, last year a couple of friends and I got together and put on a Halloween Party at my home. It was a blast and a way for me to control what my children were exposed to. That’s all I’ll say on that topic.
Back when I was in high school, we regularly had parties at my house, so my mom was well versed in good party food. She relied on a lot of the same foods from party to party, adding in enough new dishes to keep it interesting.
One of the most famous? Mexican 7 Layer Dip
, of course!
Add a little creepy touch to your Halloween Menu!
- Lettuce; shredded
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoning
- Refried Beans
- Shredded Cheese
- Tomatoes; diced
- Whole Black Olives
- Green Onions; diced
- Add half of the salsa to the refried beans and the other half to the guacamole.
- Add Taco Seasoning into the sour cream.
- On a large platter place the shredded lettuce.
- Spread the refried bean mixture.
- Add shredded cheese.
- Spread guacamole mixture on top of cheese.
- Spread sour cream on top of the guacamole.
To Create Spider Olives
- Take the black olives and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Keep one half intact, and slice the other half; forming the legs of the spiders.
- Optional:: Top with diced tomatoes, green onions and spider olives.
What are your go to recipes for parties?