- Homemade Dishwasher Detergent. While it will definitely work in a pinch, it isn’t something that I will continually keep on hand. I will stick to my Electrosol. Especially since they like to roll out those awesome $2.50 coupons now and again.
- Oat Bread. I guess it wasn’t technically a flop since I converted it into some awesome bread crumbs. But as far as being bread–uh no!
- Black Bean Brownies. Which was totally my fault to begin with. I went all crazy health nut, and tried to improve on “perfection” and it went over like a led balloon with my husband! I’m going to give it about a month and try it for real this time. I promise.
- Buying a tiller from an auction. My husband and I love going to auctions, and are able to (generally) score some great deals. My piece of advice–check out the goods before you bid cause it could be nothing more than a yard ornament. ‘Nuff said.
- My first attempt at hummus. A few months back I decided that I would try my hand at hummus, although I was unable to get my hands on tahini. I had never previously heard of it before, so I was confident in thinking that it didn’t matter (although deep down I knew otherwise!) and that I could still get a good product. Yeah, don’t do that. Use tahini. Today I used this recipe, along with these homemade pitas. Awesome!
- And…while it may be too soon to tell (and I truly hope it is)….Herbs. I really had/have high hopes of growing a ton of herbs this year. Not only for me to use in the kitchen, but for aesthetics and medicinal purposes. I’ve successfully killed cilantro, attempted to germinate rosemary, killed a rosemary plant that I bought…and forgot to germinate countless other seed packets. Are you sure you want my gardening advice?!
- At the end of last year when I was still actively couponing, I would sometimes buy multiple copies of All You Magazine or our local paper. Only to never use those coupons. Bad, bad couponer!
I’m sure that along the way I’ve missed some. Being frugal is definitely a journey that isn’t always full of successes. But, don’t let it get you down! There are far more successes than failures, atleast in my experience.
Have you had any Frugal Flops while on your journey to being Frugally Domestic?
**I know that Mr. Linky has been pretty wonky this week. If he happens to disappear, leave your link in the comments and I can add them all in when I return on Tuesday.**