My home has been in dire need of a decluttering for a while now. When I seen Amy’s goal for the year of getting rid of 730 things this year, I knew I had to hop on board. For the month of January, I was still fighting off the first trimester exhaustion, so I got a slow start. I know I can pick up the momentum in the next coming months, especially with the final confirmation that we will be starting Project Major Home Addition!
Here is what left my home for the month of January:
- 2 garbage bags of paper clutter found in various places around my home. Sadly, I bet I could get rid of about 1 more!
- 1 bag of shredded paper. Not sure if this counts or not, as it just went out to the greenhouse to prep our garden beds.
- Tossed a broken candy dish.
- 4 pair of kids shoes.
- A winter hat, and a winter mask. We have TOO many!
- 4 pair of kids jeans
- 2 kid shirts
- 10 pair of my shoes. My husband was floored I got rid of shoes.
- Hair Straightener that I no longer use.
- Random hair product that I tried once and hated.
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting book. I had 2 copies.
That brings my total to 29 things for the month. 701 things to go!
This post is also linked to Works For Me Wednesday.