Cheddar Bay Biscuits
If you are looking for the perfect, not just a run-of-the-mill biscuit for dinner, look no further. These biscuits are so flavorful and compliment various dishes, including soups, stews and the every day dinner. Cheddar Bay Biscuitsare buttery and cheesy with a hint of garlic. Yum!
- 2 ½ cups Bisquick (I use my homemade version)
- 1 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp butter; softened
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Roughly 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- In a medium bowl cream together the bisquick, garlic powder and softened butter. To this add the milk and cheddar cheese.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface. Using a biscuit cutter, cut into biscuits. Place on a greased pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes; or until golden.
- While the biscuits are baking melt 2-3 Tbsp of butter. Add ½ tsp parsley and ¼ tsp garlic powder the the melted butter. When the biscuits are finished baking, brush the tops with melted butter mixture and serve immediately.
These can be made ahead and frozen for later use. Just bake for about 10 minutes, cool, then freeze. When needed, thaw, finish baking and then brush with the butter mixture just before serving.
This post is linked to: