Broccoli Cheese Soup
There are very few things that make a cold, blustery winter day better than a nice hot bowl of soup! Broccoli Cheese Soup is one of my many favorites, and it’s one of the easiest to make!
Oftentimes, we are able to find fresh broccoli for 99¢/pound. Pair that with homemade chicken stock, and you’ve got yourself a frugal, flavor packed, meatless meal.
For a special touch, serve in a homemade bread bowl.
- 4-5 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 2 carrots; shredded
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- ½ block Velveeta
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack
- In a stock pot, add the chicken broth, milk, and flour. Whisk the flour until it is fully incorporated, then add in broccoli.
- Cook until broccoli begins to soften a bit, and mixture starts to thicken.
- Add in the Velveeta, and Colby Jack cheese. Let the cheese fully melt, then toss in the shredded carrots.
- Cook soup for an additional 5-7 minutes to allow the flavors to fully mesh, and the carrots to cook.
This post is linking up to: