I was making up another Monthly Cash Flow plan in my budget notebook, and plugging numbers away in my Loan Amortization chart when I realized that I hadn’t done a goal update in a while. (If that doesn’t make me sound like a number geek, I’m not sure what would. )
2010 has been a pretty good year so far, but it hasn’t been without it’s ups and downs. My van is in need of some repair, the final amount is still unknown, and one of the horses decided to tear down part of our fence in order to get to my husband who was riding the other horse. I cringe at the thought of how much that is going to set us back. But, I’m pretty sure that I have enough in my debt snowball to cover both of these expenses–it just means that our final debt may not be paid off in April as we had originally hoped. Oh well. Praise God we do not have to go even further in debt to pay for these expenses!
- Read the Word more often. I have been in a crummy mood the last few weeks, so I’ve found myself reading the same scriptures over and over. It’s helping, although there is still room for improvement on both accounts.
- Like I mentioned, I’m not sure that our truck will be paid off in April as originally planned. Our current debt is $2560.52 which is down from $7522.74 in February (We started out at OVER $36,000 in September of 2007!)
- Save additional funds for our first ever family vacation to Florida in May. Progressing. Hard to believe that trip is next month!!
- I’ve given the kids a whole new set of responsibilities, and we are all loving it! They are really helping me out!
- Get Rid of Clutter. I’m doing fairly well, but I still have a long way to go. Construction on our home should be starting this month–so I really need to kick it into gear!
- I have started my seeds, but my little rodent friend from last year is back. Not sure what we will end up with in the end.
- Continue to involve the children in the kitchen. Some of the tasks that I’ve added for the kids include helping me with various things in the kitchen. I think this is their favorite part about their new responsibilities.
- We purchased a quarter beef from a friend, so our meat storage is right where I wanted it to be.
- I have read a few books–but not as many as I had hoped.
How are you doing on your goals?
This post is linked to: