It is hard to believe that the last Goal Update I did was the beginning of June–for the month of May. I thought it was going to work out great to have more time between the updates, but it isn’t. I’ve had a hard time staying on track and remembering where I’m at.
June and July were both very busy months for us–July moreso than June. Not only is there the 4th of July (which comes with a big celebration at our church that we help organize) but there is also my birthday, our anniversary and canning season is usually in full force. Add that all in with a dash of VBS, and a few church trips here and there and you’ve got my month of July. Pure and utter craziness and chaos. And a recipe for a budget disaster. Hmmph.
There..I admitted it. July (as far as our finances go) pretty much stunk.
- Finances: We’ve gained a bit of headway on our debt, but not as much as I would have liked. My debt ticker shows $12505.40, but that doesn’t show our last payments. If my calculations are correct, we should be down to about $11,805-ish. Since I don’t know the exact numbers yet, I haven’t updated the sidebar or my percentages.
- Gardening: This year the squash bugs and I have gotten to know each other. This isn’t a good thing. They annihilated my zucchini (which I dealt with since my DH hates it) but now, they are trying to go after my pie pumpkins! Eekk. So, I threw organic out the window and dusted those things with Sevin until they couldn’t see the light of day. I was proud of myself..until I walked out there a few days later and they were still there!! Those things are tough!
- My food storage (atleast from the garden) is going fairly well. I canned my first batch of diced tomatoes and spaghetti sauce yesterday. You can see a list of all the other things I’ve canned so far this year here. It is so nice being able to step back and take a look at all my home canned goodies on my pantry shelves. Makes me smile.
- We’re starting to plant the fall garden and looking into our plans for next year’s spring garden, what we are adding to the orchard, as well as our herb garden (that will happen next year!).
Self: I did so good exercising through the month of June and parts of July. I loved The Shred, and I still do, but my routine has gotten all crazy and I’ve had a hard time regaining control of it again. The first thing that gave: exercising, and I can tell. I’m hoping to get control again now that we are regaining our normalcy.
Home: We are still trying to figure out whether or not we are doing our major remodel project this year or not. Because of this, all of the painting and inside renovating has been put at a standstill. The suspense is killing me, but I keep reminding myself that it is all in God’s timing..not my own.
- I’ve become a lot better at embracing (and thoroughly enjoying) my life as a housewife, wife and mother. With that I’ve gotten better with accomplishing my day to day duties. My home (albeit chaotic) has been peaceful and inviting and close to everything I’ve wanted and dreamed for it to be.
So how have you been doing on your goals?? Fill me in–it’s been awhile!